Living with Urgency
- Introduction (James 4:13:17)
- Why is it that we live our lives day-to-day with so little urgency about our spiritual lives, the only things that ultimately matter?
- Perhaps because we fail to understand or appreciate the simple truths of James 4:13-17
- The brevity of life (James 4:14)
- Like the morning fog, or like your breath in the air on a cold winter morning... (Job 7:6-7, 16; Psalm 39:5,11)
- Like grass / flower... (1 Pet. 1:24-25; Ps. 103:15-16; Job 14:1-2a)
- Like a swiftly passing shadow... (Job 14:2b; Ps. 144:4)
- The imperative of Godliness (James 4:15)
- i.e. An acute awareness of God that affects the way we live.
- Anything less is foolishness / arrogance (James 4:13-16; Lk. 12:13-21)
- Do It Now! (James 4:17; 2 Cor. 6:1-2)
- Whateve responsibilities you have, fulfill those while you can -- with life's brevity and uncertainty, you may not have other opportunities!
- What then, if you neglect what you know to do? Sin!
- Conclusion (James 4:13-17; Acts 22:16, Jn. 9:4)